The role of Human resources in corporations uses to be associated with hiring, retaining, and firing employees. But the role of Human resources is changing and evolving consistently and today it plays an even bigger role incorporation today that impacts the management styles and operations of a company.
To understand how HR has changed in terms of operations and its impact on change management, you have to understand how HR today is acting as a strategic partner for corporations.
Human Resource: A Strategic Partner For Corporations for Change Management:
A lot of companies have an HR department today. This was not the case in early times. There was probably just one person responsible for hiring and firing. But today, Be it a small company selling titan 440 repacking kits or a large corporation dealing in FMCG products, the HR department is a must.
Today HR is such a huge department, that it further has its department that manages the strategic planning in Change management. The department is called Strategic Human Resource Management.
This department involves working with managers and executive to determine jobs, task, bonus, and placement of employee, to best use the human resources for the bigger picture of efficient workings in a corporation
A strategic human resource department is responsible for:
- Selective Hiring
- Training and Mentorship Programs
- Employee security
- Developing pay plans, insurance and bonus for employees, etc.
How does a company effectively contribute to change management in a corporation?
For you to understand the answer, you first need to know what change management is. Change management is a process that uses a range of tools and techniques to manage and encourage changes in employee behavior or style to achieve a particular business outcome.
For this purpose HR is responsible to understand:
- Do companies have the required human skills, resources, and abilities to implement a strategy?
- Does the company have the right programs, rewards, and bonuses for its employees?
- Does the company have proper governance and organizational structure?
- Is the company offering all the training sessions to help employees adapt to the change?
These few questions are what enable the HR department toward change management. They have to ensure competence, consequences, Governance, Learning, and leadership in a company to properly work their way to the best of their abilities.
For example, you might be introducing a new titan 440 repacking kit to your employees. So The HR will have to ensure programs to first educate the employee about this particular product they would be dealing with.
In this article, we will further emphasize the key element of HR that work towards change management.
Elements of HR:
- Human Resource has to focus on the outcomes. How employees are using their skills and abilities to attain goals? If Employees are not giving the desired results, then the HR is to review on working towards why that is not happening.
- HR, based on the skills and abilities of candidates or employees has to select and place them in various departments of a corporation.
- HR is now responsible for designing jobs for employees. That would mean assigning a task, deciding on what employees’ responsibilities are, etc.
- HR is also responsible for setting up salary and benefits packages for the employees.
- Bonuses and rewards are given to employees based on their performances and this is also the responsibility of the Human resource department.
- Today, Diversity is also an element that HR has to keep in mind. Make sure there is no discrimination against employees of diverse backgrounds.
Nisar is a digital marketing expert from Media Hicon for many years. He considers bringing all the keywords to the top of his duty and constantly str.
Adam Shapiro says
Good article. HR is also getting a lot more analytically driven as well with an increased focus on HRIS and Applicant tracking software. Exciting to see where we will be in the not so distant future!