Welcome to 2020!!! Who would have thought that this year would bring such a major crisis to our door – but, it is here and we all have to deal with it. We will get through it – but it may take some time and effort in order to come out safely on the other side of this crisis. By safely, I mean, our businesses intact or at least functioning.
Small businesses especially are hard hit as they not only lose clients, they also may lose employees. Let’s go over some ways we small businesses can help one another.
- Look out for ways to offer your services or products to those who have to work from home. Can you do video or teleconferencing? Skype and Facetime work well in many cases and allow you to provide a calm and reassuring manner to your clients and/or employees.
- Encourage emails and phone calls to show that you are there and ready to help. Many times just knowing someone is listening will be all that it takes.
- Take advantage of all the great wealth of information that is being provided. The Small Business Association is proving business loans and links to state programs that may benefit you. For example, I am attaching a notice about a Three Step Business Loan process that the SBA provides. It might be what you need to get through this financially.
- Understand the regulations being passed that will impact your employees (and you the business owner) in regard to the Families First Act. I am attaching a great chart that breaks down this complicated Act.
- Talk to your other business resources. Find out what is working and not working. Is there something you can do to help another business? In turn there may be something you need that another business can provide you. An example might be setting up a pizza lunch for your employees by sending pizzas to all of them and then having a conference call business lunch. See if you can get a discount and then offer the pizza restaurant a discount on your services.
The main point is to stay in touch – don’t drop out. We at EffortlessHR will continue to provide you with up-to-date HR assistance and support – all from the safety of your home computer. We remain safe and secure and a great way to stay in touch with your employees. Employees can safely work from home and clock in and out and you can easily track work progress.
Finally, this is a rough time for all of us but we can get through this and we WILL get through this!!! Stay safe and healthy. EffortlessHR is here to support you. See updates we have provided on our site at https://www.effortlesshr.com