How to set up your business blog to convert leads
In recent times, more and more businesses are turning to blogging as a way of engaging their customers. However, just having a blog won’t guarantee any sales. There are some techniques to employ if you ever hope to get something out of your business blog. This article will consider 6 secrets on writing effective business blogs that convert leads.
- Ditch the Commercial Style
Even though as a person in business you will have to convince customers to purchase from you, your blog is not another opportunity for you to market your products. Most consumers often utilize AdBlock for a reason, and they do not expect thinly concealed content to disrupt their user experience. We are all aware that you have something to sell. Your website is supposed to be the place where you conduct this business.
Your prospect is on your blog because they are exploring their options and want to know what else you have to offer. Either they want to find out more about you, learn something new or even find some inspiration. Therefore, try to include as many things as possible in your blog posts.
You can add a link to your product or service within your content and you might receive calls to action later on. However, your content should be the main focus so that any potential customers are kept interested. If your blog contains valuable and interesting content that people will be compelled to share, they will likely remember you in the future while you’ll also get more referrals.
Therefore, rather than opting for the hard sell, utilize your blog to showcase your expertise in your field.
- Create Content that Has The ‘Wow’ Factor
Nowadays, the online world is full of content marketers. So what makes you stand out from the rest? With this cutthroat competition, unless you’re good at showcasing your product or service, no one cares what you do. You need to surpass clients’ expectations, delight them with your ideas and respond to their feedbacks accurately. How do you do this?
- Figure out what makes your brand act like an advisor or mentor, and then the content should be built around it. Make sure that the content addresses a critical topic or a standard pain point. Eventually, you’ll become a thought leader.
- Make use of Twitter for research purposes – Think of an example for your Twitter followers. If you want to learn more about your readers and comprehend their problem areas, go to Twitter search, type the keyword and find out the main questions asked. As soon as you have an idea about what your audience needs or wants, give them what they will love to read. Don’t deviate from the topics. Engage them to respond to your solutions. While providing solutions to your readers, ensure that you remain consistent with your brand. This results in higher lead generation.
- Include a Call-To-Action In Every Post
Always have a call to action
Every blog post offers you the chance to generate new leads. What you have to do is to come up with the ideal call-to-action (CTA) with the promise of added value. This mostly comes in the form of restricted but free and valuable content which your potential customers would be willing to give their email addresses for, e.g. fact sheets, ebooks and free trials.
You can also invite your readers to comment at the end of every post, informing you about their greatest pain points or tips in relation to the subject at hand. You can make use of these tactics to collect email addresses and ultimately, your lead database will grow. Remember to automate this process from the beginning by harmonizing your data collection with your email marketing and CRM systems.
- Be Helpful
Make your content helpful
Establishing rapport is a great thing. However, you need to showcase you can offer value to your audience. Why should they purchase your product if you can’t? That is the reason why your content should be helpful. If a person finds your content helpful, they’ll be confident that buying your product or service will greatly assist them.
How can your content be helpful?
- It resolves a problem – You offer a solution to a problem that your readers are facing. To provide the most value, you need to provide actionable steps that can be taken by your readers. When they heed your advice and it pays off eventually, they will be eager for more. One thing to note is that you don’t have to tell them all that they need to know. You can withhold something which can be disclosed in your paid products and services.
- Provide an informed opinion – In many fields, there‘s plenty of advice. However, most of it can be quite conflicting. Your audience might be confused as to which opinion to consider. They might be spending a lot of time on the internet attempting to find an answer to questions like which is the best training that will guarantee weight loss? Eliminate the confusion that your audience might have and showcase your expertise. You’ll eventually gain some new fans in the process.
- Educate your readers – As an expert in your field, you have the ability to educate your readers about niche topics. If you create a student-teacher relationship with your readers, you will be in a position of authority and trust. Utilize their language. Don’t use words that they won’t comprehend. Above all, be humble.
- Follow Several Good-To-Apply Ideas
Here are some good-to-apply ideas to follow:
- When producing content, ensure that you go straight to the point. The more specific you are, the more effective and action-based response you get from your readers.
- Create a keyword pool and develop crucial phrases around those keywords. Utilize keywords and key phrases in moderation within your content.
- Spend time in researching keywords that generate leads. Look for keywords that have good search volume.
- Regularly create and share content. Ensure that it is easily accessible to the right readers at the right time via the right media.
- Work on conversion rate optimization for both your content and the platforms that you want your content to appear on. Create a sales funnel. Your content marketing avenues should be packaged into one unit so that it becomes a regular source of leads to the sales funnel.
- Provide Bait for Fishing Leads